Fitting and looking after your REDmarble Premium Outdoor Mobility Scooter cover.
Firstly, fitting the cover to your scooter:
- You may have noticed the cover is packed in its bag inside out. This is done on purpose to make fitting it easier.
- Take the cover out of its bag and sort out the front from the back. This should be quite straight forward as there is a label that says 'front'. Don't unroll the cover yet; if you can't see it, then you have the back.
- Unroll the cover lengthways along the top of your scooter, pointing in the right direction. Once unrolled, if the sides haven't dropped down, pull them down and secure the elasticated hem.
- The strap is designed so that you don't have to try and throw them underneath. Place it on the ground and then roll your scooter over it and plug into the buckles on the cover. Finally, pull tight.
- To pack the cover back into its bag, simply reverse this procedure by folding the cover inwards first, and then rolling up.
To clean your cover:
- Use warm soapy water (washing up liquid is fine) and gently sponge the cover down. Probably easiest done while in place on your scooter.
- Don't put it in a washing machine! The various fabric treatments will not withstand this.
- If any oil or grease gets on the cover, a degreaser such as Gunk can be used.
- It is best not to cover a dirty scooter, but if any dirt does get on the underside of the cover, again sponge it off with warm soapy water. Also, if your bike is dirty, beware of the cover rubbing the dirt against your paintwork.
- Try not to cover a dirty mobility scooter.
- Beware of any sharp points. Unless covered with an old glove or something similar, they are likely to tear the cover.